Campus Safety Tip Line’s or Say Something
A Campus Safety Tip Line does work!
Here are some great numbers from the CrimeStoppers National system:
As of 3/29/2019, just the first quarter of 2019. Crime Stoppers USA took credit for:
What is the issue with tips or Say something systems?
Many people will claim tip lines or say something system don’t work well because:
“those in the know, don’t tell, those who would tell, aren’t in the know.”
Of course, like anything else, there is some truth to that statement, but the folks at crime stoppers would dispute that.
The pragmatists will tell you this: without a tip line or say something system, those who can tell, probably won’t.
Two things are important for a successful campus safety tip line or say something system:
So, what is being done today?
Somes schools have anonymous(or claim to be anonymous) tip lines or say something systems.
Here are the issues with that:
- Simple tip line apps are easy to create.
- A good system will need to handle workflow and the resolution tracking.
- Those reporting need an option to be anonymous.
- If a system violates the trust of a user that they will be anonymous — the future viability of the program and the system are in jeopardy.
- A great example of this is happened with the FortifyFL system that was developed by Canadian custom app developer: App Armor. App Armor tracked the longitude and latitude of people who reported the tip. There was a great deal of credibility loss when they were exposed for violating the privacy of the user. This potentially created great harm to the efficacy and credibility of the entire program and further putting Florida students in harm’s way.
Why doesn’t my school have a say something or Campus Safety Tip Line system?
- IDentifyED feels so strongly about every school having a campus safety tip line line or say something system, that your school can sign up for the saysomething.education system free of charge. No fee ever.
- IDentifyED the APP has a say something feature inside our help request system – this feature does identify the user and does identify the users location. So, the Saysomething,Education system can be used along-side IDentifyED.
Top reasons why IDentifyED’s campus safety tip line system is the best in the industry.
- Free tool that provides truly anonymous tips via html, Android or IOS Apps.
- Tips can be sent via anyone inside or outside the school.
- Education provides workflow and resolution management.
- IDentifyED’s Saysomething feature set is not anonymous but it can be used in concert with saysomething.education.
- IDentifyED’s Saysomething is a part of the #1 Complete Campus Safety and Security system, no other system compares.
- Saysomething help requests are integrated into the greater campus safety and security help request system, so inherently integrated into the emergency response policies and procedures.
Leveraging IDentifyEd’s Complete Campus Security and Safety solution with IDentifyED’ Say Something or Campus Safety Tip Line System.
IDentifyED Saysomething API
IDentifyEd has a large library of APIs so that 3rd parties with the proper credentials can interact with IDentifyED. The saysomething helprequest APIs allow the initiation of a saysomething help request, the ability to query saysomething help requests and the associated saysomething reporting data on help requests history. Saysomething APIs can also provide data of the report and can pass that on to a 3rd party system, for example something that law enforcement may use.
What is so cool about the IDentifyED School ID app?
The IDentifyEd App is much more than just a student ID and smart card, IDentifyEd’s main goal is to seduce the student with a large series of student engagement apps. These modules/features are completely configurable by the school at the user role level. IDentifyed provides 3 major types of student engagement solutions for your campus:
1Campus safety and security.
- Student ID
- Emergency Broadcast
- Help Requests
- HID SEOS Smart Card
- Custom App
- Security Operations Tools
- Hall Pass
- Say Something
- Security Policy and Emergency Content Tool
2Campus social networking and communications.
- User Messaging
- User/Student Portfolios with:
- User Message Boards
- File sharing
- Contact/roster info sharing
- Picture sharing
- Location Sharing
- Calendar Sharing
- Strong privacy and filters
- Group Message Board
- Course Message Board
- Group/Group Messages
- School Broadcast
- Group Chat
- To-dos & Take Home
- Course Management
- Group Management
IDentifyED can integrate with your:
1Kornukopia’s IDentifyED School ID tools easily integrated with your student information system or learning management system so that you can leverage student attendance, course and group rosters to communicate issues to specific users by group and course.
2Kornukopia’s IDentifyED provides students with a suite of student engagement tools and social networking tools in order so that the student use, trusts, and leverage the tool, the more they use it when you need to broadcast to them, the tool is something they are entirely familiar with.
3Kornukopia’s IDentifyEd provides your staff with all the tools that a professional security operation would use and with our apps allows you to put it at the fingers tips of your team, they are, based upon your permission make the School ID, locking down the school and potentially saving lives.
What is holding you back from a campus safety tip line system for your school?
- You have a visitor management system already, but it does not validate visitors? What is the point of a visitor management system anyway?
- You don’t have the system.
- Implementing is quick and easy.
- The IDentifyEd system cost is easily justified based upon all the other items it replaces.
- Every minute you wait you create more risk, liability and negligence.
- You can start saving lives and communicating to everyone that your campus is safe and secure, today!
Imagine the lives you save and the processes you can improve with IDentifyED campus safety tip line system helping you create a better, safer campus.
Start an free trial evaluation today!