Private School Safety and Security Systems
Private Schools systems safety and security is complex, in that private schools are not necessarily one type of school, they need a single system to provide campus safety and security however that system may need to provide security for an elementary school, a middle school, and a high school, depending upon the private school system/private school.
Private School Safety and Security Software now needs to include features to handle Covid-19 Procedures.
Covid-19 software needs to include:
- Health Checks
- Temperature Checks
- Infection Response
- Infection Tracking and Tracing
- Testing Wallet Passes and User Flags
- Vaccine Wallet Passes and User Flags
- Group, Course and Community Communications.
To find out more about our Covid-19 Software integration check out: https://campussafetyandsecurity.com/covid-19-software/
In the K-5/elementary environment the campus safety and security is done primarily on behalf of the student, communication is primarily with the parent and create a strong sense of supervision, control and custody exchange.
Middle school, just like the name needs to be somewhere in the middle, having pieces that allow the students if they have smart devices to be engaged and help secure and protect them and on the other hand have process and tools that both do things on their behalf, communicate with parents, and create a strong sense of supervision, control and custody exchange.
In high school campus safety and security systems succeed by engaging and communicating with the student, parents still are in the communication loop, but less so, student supervision and custody are still factors, but considerations have to be made to accommodate a more flexible and student enabled model.
A Private School campus safety and security system has to support the following:
- Ability to configure each school with modules, rules, processes, tools and procedures that are specific to the unique school.
- Ability of one school campus security system that can support the needs of elementary, middle and high schools.
- Ability to configure many school-wide policies and procedures that apply for all schools.
- Ability to monitor and manage safety and security from a central security operation center.
- Provide strong monitoring and management tools at the school level so the school can control, monitor, communicate and respond.
- Provide distributed tools for faculty, staff, students, parents, and school resource officers.
- Ability to support parents who may have a student in elementary, middle, high school, or all of them.
Private School Systems shootings, mental health issues, allergies, medical condions, illicit drug use on and off campus, and natural and main made disasters, all are concerns associated with Private School Systems safety and security. Safety is a major concern for everyone who steps foot on school campus. Turn on the news on any given day and you’ll quickly discover negative stories highlighting dangers found on Private School Systems campuses across the nation. Students are experimenting with drugs, hormones are raging, tempers are flaring, and it’s up to everyone to ensure dangers are anticipated, reported, and dealt with in a timely manner.
School leaders are challenged by adolescents who lack good decision making, are unable to comprehend the consequences of their actions, and often times to not exercise good self-control. It comes down to a lack of connection between the frontal cortex and the limbic area.
Private School Systems Safety and Security are the responsibility of school leaders
Private School Systems leaders and security resources are ultimately responsible for the safety, security and issues that occur on their campuses.
The issues are obvious:
- Saves Lives
- Reduce Injuries
- Protect the reputation of the school
- Reduce litigation rish
- Criminal Charges?
Now that the Scot Peterson, security resource officer at Marjory Stoneman Douglas Charter School in Parkland Florida is being criminally charged with child neglect and other charges, legitimate concerns from school leaders and resource officers about criminal charges loom. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/04/us/parkland-scot-peterson.html
Private School System leaders and security professional need to:
- Document policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate daily in real-time that the campus safety and security tools, systems, resources, people and processes are in place to secure their campus.
- As school’s demonstrate response, the response has to be well documented so that schools can prove, improve and anticipate response.
- Consider all the risks that exist in a campus and take actions with the appropriate, people, processes and tools to safe guard the school.
- Engage students into safety and security processes that are integrated in a compelling way into the lives of students.
What is so cool about the IDentifyED Private School safety and security system?
The IDentifyEd App is much more than just a student ID and smart card, IDentifyEd’s main goal is to seduce the student with a large series of student engagement apps. These modules/features are completely configurable by the school at the user role level. IDentifyed provides 3 major types of student engagement solutions for your campus:
1Private School Safety and Security Systems
2Campus social networking and communications.
- User Messaging
- User/Student Portfolios with:
- User Message Boards
- File sharing
- Contact/roster info sharing
- Picture sharing
- Location Sharing
- Calendar Sharing
- Strong privacy and filters
- Group Message Board
- Course Message Board
- Group/Group Messages
- School Broadcast
- Group Chat
- To-dos & Take Home
- Course Management
- Group Management
Adjusting to a kinder gentler cost and cutting-edge campus safety and security system
|Modules/Systems||Security Alternative||All Alternatives||Identifyed*||Identifyed Plus*|
|Student ID (initial)||$6||$6|
|School ID Replacement/Maintenance||$3||$3|
|School ID Replacement Maintenance||$4||$4|
|Emergency Broadcast/School communication Software||$3||$3|
|Dispatch/Help Request Tipline||$4||$4|
|Custom Campus App||$3||$3|
|Communication Monitoring Software||$3|
|Student Messaging Platform||$8|
*2 Options to pay for Kornukopia IdentifyED, the first is the traditional Enterprise license, the second is where the student or parent bares the burden of purchase in which case the cost to the school is limited to a staff only license.
IDentifyED can integrate with your:
1Kornukopia’s IDentifyED School ID tools easily integrated with your student information system or learning management system so that you can leverage student attendance, course and group rosters to communicate issues to specific users by group and course.
2Kornukopia’s IDentifyED provides students with a suite of student engagement tools and social networking tools in order so that the student use, trusts, and leverage the tool, the more they use it when you need to broadcast to them, the tool is something they are entirely familiar with.
3Kornukopia’s IDentifyEd provides your staff with all the tools that a professional security operation would use and with our apps allows you to put it at the fingers tips of your team, they are, based upon your permission make the School ID, locking down the school and potentially saving lives.
What is holding you back from a Private School Safety and Security System?
- IDentifyED provides features and modules that no other system can provide.
- You don’t have the system, you are not as secure as you need to be.
- Implementing is quick and easy.
- The IDentifyED system cost is easily justified based upon all the other items it replaces.
- Every minute you wait you create more risk, liability and negligence.
- You can start saving lives and communicating to everyone that your campus is safe and secure, today!