Custom Campus App systems allow a campus to manage and communicate important links and apps in one simple dashboard.
Custom Campus Apps, At at schools and universities are 10 different departments with 10 different links to 10 different systems. The university creates links from their user portal website to all the systems it’s a little confusing but it works as long as the user can login via HTML. Most users (students and faculty a like) want some type of campus custom app because they do a lot of work on their phones. They want to have a simple dashboard app that provides all the URL links and all the apps in one screen.
There are a number of custom development vendors who can do that for university, but it’s a custom job, so they want a lot of money. The university initially thought it was an easy job but then they are realized they are going to need to change it often, even more expense. They also want to provide updates and of course making all the students update the app all the time, is just a bad idea. The vendor says they can do “other things” as well, but everything is “custom”, so there is no telling how it will be delivered and when, so reliability is a big concern.
IDentifyED solves this problem with IDentifyED’s custom campus “app” feature.
Custom Campus App application features:
So, what is being done today on campus with Custom Campus Apps, today?
Some schools have custom apps that provide some branding but they are usually static apps that are costly to create, costly to update and costly to deploy and of course — redeploy.
Based upon desire to have a Custom Campus App, What if there was a way to?
- Create and deploy a custom app in less than an hour rather than weeks.
- Integrate that custom app into a system that students were already actively engaged in.
- Do it all with non-programming staff.
- Update it on the fly at any time without requiring that the app be updated via a download?
IDentifyED is the Custom Campus App way.
How does IDentifyED Custom Campus App work?
- School admins use the IDentifyED html interface to select icons and direct those icons to specific URLs.
- Admins can create their own icons or use the ones that are provided.
- Admins can select the order of icons in order to highlight/prioritize different icons based upon priority or a critical event.
- Students login to IDentifyED, like usual, swipe left and see the dashboard.
- Campus custom app updates when the school updates it.
Top reasons why IDentifyED’s Custom Campus App system is the best. IDentifyED is:
- No programmers needed.
- Completed in minutes not months.
- Updated on the fly with no need to download another app.
- Integrated into a real product with well-defined systems and apps that are time tested by top learning institutions, rather than custom guesses at what might work.
Visualization: Custom Campus App
- If you could afford a custom app and the vendor actually delivered on the app, you had a custom campus app solution.
- Your custom solution would need to be constantly if not annually updated by the organization that you hired, or another organization if the original programmer was no longer available.
- You had no ability to update the app on the fly if a critical event occurred or you wanted to highlight a system based upon a marketing need or a time-based milestone, like course registration.
- Your campus custom app/dashboard is available in minutes by a user who has no programming skills and really limited administration skills.
- Updates are easy and can be done on the fly with no impact on users.
- Your campus custom app is part of a well-defined product offering that students are actively engaged.
- Your custom app leverages and integrates into a tried and true, industry tested system that provide the most complete campus safety and security solution as well as the most student engagement tools available in the market today.
What is so cool about the IDentifyED Custom Campus App?
The IDentifyEd App is much more than just a student ID and smart card. IDentifyEd’s main goal is to entice the student with a large series of student engagement apps. These modules/features are completely configurable by the school at the user role level. IDentifyed provides 3 major types of student engagement solutions for your campus:
1Campus safety and security.
- Security Operations Tools
- Hall Pass
- Say Something
- Security Policy and Emergency Content Tool
2Campus social networking and communications.
- User Messaging
- User/Student Portfolios with:
- User Message Boards
- File sharing
- Contact/roster info sharing
- Picture sharing
- Location Sharing
- Calendar Sharing
- Strong privacy and filters
- Group Message Board
- Course Message Board
- Group/Group Messages
- School Broadcast
- Group Chat
- To-dos & Take Home
- Course Management
- Group Management
More information about Custom Campus Apps?
There are a number of custom campus app developers. Often the package their code as a “custom” app, but when you look at their other customers, they are essentially the same solution set. That’s good, because many custom app developers suffer from scope creep and time delays based upon their desire to develop your custom app solution: there are custom development shops like; Like School Info App: https://schoolinfoapp.com/ or App Armor https://apparmor.com
When dealing with companies like this, be concerned about updates, and version control, also the ability to make changes on the fly.
There are also hundreds of small education apps that may or may not provide you with https://elearningindustry.com/10-top-educational-apps-for-kids or for college students: https://www.trade-schools.net/articles/best-apps.asp
IDentifyED is the only #1 Complete Campus Safety and Security solution app that allows you to select from over 50 different features and functions along with create a custom campus dashboard. IDentifyED’s platform also allows you to create campus specific branding, make changes on the fly without any programmers and share all types of important content in many different safe and secure ways.